Have you ever thought about what is the first thing that provokes hackers or unauthorized users to access the network of your Netgear extender and steal your personal information? Its network name (SSID). If you want to safeguard the wireless network of your device, consider hiding its SSID. Not sure about how to do that? Well, what are we here for? Walk through the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to disable SSID broadcast via mywifiext.net.
How to Disable SSID Broadcast of Netgear Extender?
Turn on Your Netgear Extender
Start the process by plugging your Netgear wireless range extender into a wall socket. Press the Power button on your device and wait for the LED light to turn green.
Connect Your WiFi Devices
As soon as the LED on your device becomes green, get hold of an Ethernet cable. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Netgear wireless range extender and another to your home router. Make sure that the connection between your devices is not loose.
Open an Internet Browser
The next step in line is to get access to your computer. Open an internet browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, Opera, etc. Whatever browser you choose to use, take care of the thing that it is free of cache and cookies.
Perform Netgear Extender Login
In the address field of your internet browser, type mywifiext.net, and press the Enter key. You will find yourself on the official login page of your Netgear wireless range extender. When asked, input the default admin password and username and click the Log In button.
Disable SSID Broadcast
Once the Netgear Genie setup wizard comes into view, go to the Settings menu. Select the Wireless option. Clear the ‘Broadcast this Network Name (SSID)’ check box and click the Save button. In a minute or two, the changes that you have made will become effective.
In this manner, you will be able to disable SSID broadcast on your Netgear wireless range extender. In case you get stuck at any point during the process, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts. Or, consider following the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below.
Fixed: Unable to Disable SSID Broadcast
- Check the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear range extender and your home router. Is it worn out or damaged? If yes, consider getting the cable replaced with a new one immediately. You can also connect your devices using a wireless source.
- Make sure that your Netgear extender and host router are not placed near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, corners, and concrete walls.
- Do not enter the default web address in the search bar of your internet browser. Doing so will redirect you to every other website except the one you really want to reach.
- If you have used incorrect admin details to access the Netgear WiFi extender setup wizard, then also you can fail to disable SSID broadcast. Therefore, ensure that you use the correct admin password and username to log in to your Netgear range extender.
- Your extender should be receiving an adequate and fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket. If a damaged wall socket is interrupting the power supply of your device, consider plugging your device into a different power source.
- No matter what internet browser you are using to access the Netgear extender login page, keep in mind that it is running on an updated version.
Hopefully, the aforementioned guidelines will help you disable SSID broadcast on your Netgear wireless range extender. On the off chance, that doesn’t happen even after all the efforts you’ve made, consider sparing some time to get in touch with our technical experts. They don’t care what time of the day it is, they are always on the ball to help out users struggling with Netgear extender-related issues.