Setting up a Netgear WiFi range extender gives you the liberty to access lag-free internet on all your WiFi-enabled devices. However, what if your iPhone is refusing to connect to the Netgear extender’s network? Well, no need to worry! We are here to help you out! In this post, we’ve mentioned some of the most effective tips that’ll help you troubleshoot the ‘iPhone not connecting to Netgear extender’s network’ issue. So, waste no more time and read on.
Fixed: iPhone Not Connecting to Extender’s Network
Reboot Your Extender
Before you give any other troubleshooting step a try, reboot your Netgear WiFi range extender. Sometimes, a simple restart is enough to get rid of technical glitches.
Follow the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to reboot your device:
- Disconnect all the WiFi-enabled devices connected to your extender.
- Power off your extender and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Then, wait for some time.
- Once you feel you’ve given enough time to your extender to rest, plug it back into the wall outlet.
- Carefully press the Power button on the extender and try to connect the iPhone to the wireless network.
In this manner, you’ll be able to reboot your Netgear WiFi range extender with ease.
Run a Virus Scan
Chances are that your iPhone is infected with virus due to which it is not connecting to the extender’s network. Therefore, scan your mobile device. If any viruses are found, get rid of them right away!
Now, check whether the ‘iPhone not connecting to the Netgear extender’s network’ issue persists. If it does, either take the help of the next troubleshooting tip or get in touch with our well-versed experts.
Update the Firmware
You can also perform Netgear extender firmware update to fix the ‘iPhone not connecting to the extender’s network’ issue. For those of you who have no idea about how to update the firmware of a Netgear device, walk through the steps mentioned below:
- Open an updated internet browser on your computer.
- Access www.mywifiext.net.
- You will be prompted to enter the default username and password.
- So, fill in the default login details and click Log In.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, head towards Settings.
- Select Administration and click Firmware Update.
Once you have finished performing Netgear firmware update, check whether the ‘iPhone not connecting to the extender’s network’ issue has been fixed or not.
Connect to the Right Network
If your iPhone is still not connecting to the Netgear extender’s network, it’s probably because you’ve been trying to connect your device to the wrong network all this while. To confirm the same, check the network you are trying to connect to.
Is what we are saying true? If yes, it is recommended that you connect your iPhone to your WiFi range extender’s network only.
Relocate Your WiFi Extender
It is always advised to place the Netgear range extender at the right location before performing mywifiext setup. But, looks like you didn’t really take the advice considering you’re struggling with the ‘iPhone not connecting to the extender’s network’ issue. But, worry not! You can rectify your mistake by simply changing the location of your extender.
While relocating the Netgear WiFi range extender, keep the following points in mind:
- Avoid placing your extender in corners.
- Do not place your Netgear WiFi extender near concrete walls.
- Keep your device away from transmitting appliances.
- Ensure that your extender is placed closer to the WiFi router.
The Bottom Line
With the help of the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post, you’ll surely be able to get rid of the ‘iPhone not connecting to the Netgear extender’s network’ issue. On the off chance, you’re stuck in the same mess, it is recommended that you reach out to our technical experts.
We have the solution to all your WiFi-related problems!