.Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 (AC1900) WiFi mesh extender helps to keep your mobile devices, media players, laptops, and computers connected to the WiFi with a fast, reliable internet connection and expanded coverage in every corner of your house. With the new extender setup, you can improve your internet connection that can broaden your existing network coverage. Once the setup process of your Netgear wireless range extender is completed successfully, you’ll be able to keep your smartphones, game consoles, TVs, tablets, laptops, and computers online and connected 24×7.
Additionally, the Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 (AC1900) extender perk up your existing network range. Also, it delivers the extreme dual-band WiFi up to 1900Mbps (Megabits per Second). Moreover, its 700mW high-powered amplifiers allocate the extreme range and its dual-core 800MHz (megahertz) processor enables maximum and uninterrupted WiFi performance. It works easily with any standard WiFi router. And it is ideal for HD video streaming & gaming also.
Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 setup
- Connect a computer or laptop to the Netgear EX7000 using a wired or WiFi connection.
- Make sure that your extender is plug into a damage-free wall socket.
- Wired connection: Connect your router to one of the Ethernet ports of the EX7000 extender.
- Wireless connection: Use the WiFi network manager on your desktop or laptop to connect to Netgear EX7000 (AC1900) extender’s default network name, NETGEAR_EXT.
For a hassle-free Netgear extender setup, make sure that your EX7000 (AC1900) is plugged in the same room where you have plugged in your main networking router.
Steps related to connectivity
- Once successfully connected, the Device to Extender LED will become solid green.
- After that, open an internet browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, or Opera Mini and enter www.mywifiext.net in its address bar.
- Netgear mywifiext login page display.
- Click on the “NEW EXTENDER SETUP” button and proceed towards the next step.
- Complete all the required fields on the “Extender Setup” screen and click on “NEXT”.
Note: This account is important for your Netgear EX7000’s GUI username and password recovery.
- Now, select a WiFi network you want to extend and click on “Next”.
Note: If your existing WiFi router does not support the 5Ghz (Gigahertz) band, it is recommended to uncheck the 5Ghz option prior to clicking on the “Next” button.
- Enter the password or network key and click on “Next”.
- Netgear Genie login page will display. Here, you can change the SSID (network name) and passphrase (password) of your Netgear WiFi range extender or simply use the same existing network wireless password. Click on “Next” and save the settings.
- Once you have saved the settings successfully, you can connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the Netgear EX7000 network name prior to clicking on “Continue”.
- Make sure the connection of your Netgear EX7000 (AC1900) range extender is successful with your WiFi network. Click on “Next” and proceed further.
- Now, you have to fill out the product registration form to have access to Netgear Genie smart setup and login page, software update notifications, and latest information on new Netgear products.
- Once you complete the registration form successfully, please click on “Finish” to complete the new extender setup process.
Congratulations! You have completed the process of the Netgear WiFi extender setup like a pro. In addition, you can also use its Ethernet ports to connect your wired devices to the Netgear extender.
If you are not able to access the Netgear Genie login page or struggling with the new extender setup process then worry not, our professional experts are 24×7 available to help you via chat.