Netgear Genie Login | Netgear Genie Smart Setup
Netgear Genie Smart Setup runs on both PC and MAC. The Genie Smart Setup is a dashboard to manage, control, and repair home networks. Genie App is the easiest method to manage, monitor, and repair your home network through your smartphone. The Genie Smart Wizard helps you to control your Netgear WiFi Extender setup and device whereas with the Genie App you can Monitor the WiFi Extender.
However, to access the smart setup wizard, Netgear Genie Login is required. Basically, Genie Login is a process to sign in to your range extender account. After successful login, you will get a dashboard. Through this dashboard, you can easily manage your home network.
In case you are accessing the Genie Login page for the very first time, it will provide you with on-screen instructions to set up your new extender. Netgear Genie Login is easy to perform if a user follows the steps in a proper manner.
Netgear Genie Setup
From here you will get all the important and initial steps to configure the WiFi extender and access Netgear Genie Smart Setup. After following the below-mentioned steps, you can connect your WiFi Extender with your existing WiFi router.
- Power ON your WiFi Extender. Wait for the Power LED to show Greenlight status.
On your wireless devices like laptops, smartphones, or tablets you will find a wireless network (SSID) named NETGEAR_EXT.
- If you are using Windows OS, then open a web browser as per your choice and the web browser will automatically re-directs you to the Netgear Genie Smart Setup page.
- Netgear Genie will search for the available wireless networks within its range. Once the search is completed, a list of existing networks will be displayed.
- Select your WiFi Extender and click on the Continue button.
- If your device has wireless security enabled, then enter the passphrase to promote towards Netgear Genie Login. If your wireless network does not show any WiFi Extender, make sure your WiFi Extender is within the range of your main network.
- Select 5GHz band if, “My router supports 5GHz band”. Otherwise, choose “My router does not support 5GHz band” and click on the Continue button.
Follow the further instructions displayed on the Genie Smart Setup Wizard to complete the procedure.
Now your WiFi Extender is successfully installed. Click on the Finish button to complete the Genie setup process.
The above-mentioned steps are tested over WN3500RP and WN2500RPv2 WiFi Range Extender.
Note: If you find any difficulty with Netgear Genie, get in touch with our experts.
Netgear Genie Smart Setup
Sometimes while installing the New extender Genie setup, users face various issues. Here are the following reasons that cause problems in Netgear Genie Smart Setup with Netgear Installation Assistant.
- WiFi Extender wireless security might be changed. Try to re-install the extender to save the new updated wireless security before performing the Netgear genie login.
- If you have installed a new Wireless router. You might need to reconfigure your both WiFi Extender and wireless router with the help of Installation Assistant using Genie login.
- The Netgear WiFi Extender wireless capability may be set as turned off.
- With a sudden power outage, you may need to power cycle your whole network.
Netgear Genie Mobile App
Get Full Control Over Netgear WiFi Extender
Now you can graphically modify your network settings, change your SSID, channel section and password, just by performing Netgear Genie Login.
Now with the Genie app, you can active live parental control to filter and protect your family from harmful content, or phishing sites. You just need to visit Genie login page to enable the Parental Control over your Wifi Extender.
A network map is a graphical representation of all the computers and network devices within the same network zone. Once you check to mark the option of “Notify me of new devices that connect to my network”, every time a new device joins with your Wifi Extender, will the help of Netgear Genie a notify message will indicate on your desktop?
Plenty of Tools
With Netgear Genie, you will also get a wide variety of useful web tools like-
- DNS Lookup: Useful in converting and look up for IP address.
- Ping: To verify the communication over the network with other network devices.
- TraceRoute: Useful to trace the number of hops(routers) passed by the data packets to reach from server to host.
- Desktop Profile: Manage complete details about your system including network connection and operating system.
Guest Network with Netgear Genie Setup
A guest network helps another router to access the Internet but keep your personal computer data and files protected from intruders. You can easily create Guest Network just you need to enter into the Extender settings via Netgear Genie Login. Click on Settings > Guest Access.
Netgear Router Login with Genie Apk
With just a simple Netgear Router Login with Genie apk you can easily manage, monitor, and repair your device from your smartphone. With your own home network, the Genie apk app allows you to access all the advanced features with the use of your Android or iOS smartphone.
The Netgear Genie app supports-
- DSL Modem routers
- Cable Modem routers
- WNR2000, WNDR3400 + other older Wifi router extenders models