Netgear WiFi range extenders are the ultimate way to enjoy the uninterrupted internet connection throughout the home or office. They receive the WiFi signals incoming from your current router and then amplify them to make them reach even in the backyard. However, like any other networking device, users experience a lot of issues with their Netgear extender. Most users report on support forums about the different Netgear extender issues they have come across like WiFi not working, lost the extender’s admin password, and much more.
Such hiccups interrupt your online chores and slow things down. So, rather than scratching your head for reliable solutions, scroll down the post and get your extender-related issues fixed on your own. Let’s have a glance at some common issues with your Netgear extender and proven fixes for them.
How to Fix Netgear Extender Issues?
1. Can’t See My WiFi Network SSID
At times, a particular network doesn’t appear on the available WiFi networks’ list. It is extremely frustrating because you can’t connect to the network you are supposed to be. In such a case, execute the following troubleshooting measures to make the network visible on the list:
- See the WiFi icon on your smart device and check if it is showing the ‘x’ sign. If yes, turn on your WiFi.
- In the event that the WiFi icon on your device is active, then the issue is with your router or cable/modem.
- Verify whether the WiFi network you want to access is turned on properly.
- Ensure that your router, Netgear extender, and modem are receiving adequate power supply from the wall socket.
2. Unable to Access Netgear Extender’s Settings
Another issue that users face with their Netgear extender is that they fail to access its settings. Follow the below-given guidelines to resolve the problem:
- Make sure that you have completed the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup properly.
- Check the power being supplied to your extender; it should be fluctuation-free.
- Delete all temporary files, cache, cookies, and browsing history from your web browser.
- Opt for another web browser.
3. Using the Correct Password But Connection Still Failing
You will be asked to enter the username and password for logging into your extender via the mywifiext local web page. But sometimes, when you enter the password, the setup wizard doesn’t open
In such a case, ensure that you have entered the correct password. You may be recalling the word right but there can be some confusion about the letter case. The password is case-sensitive, so make sure to check for small and capital letters and then enter the password.
Moreover, be certain that the network you are trying to connect with is the right one. As soon as you have cross-checked the things, try accessing your WiFi extender login web page again.
4. Can’t Change the SSID and Password of My Extender
Netgear WiFi extenders have their default SSID and password. However, you need to change these details to prevent unauthorized users enter your network. In the event that you are experiencing issues while customizing the SSID and password, here are the troubleshooting tips you should consider:
- Log in to your WiFi range extender through a web browser.
- You will land on the Netgear extender’s dashboard.
- Go to the Advanced Settings section.
- Click on the Username field.
- Enter the current SSID and then the new one into the given fiel
- Once done, hit the Save button to apply the changes.
5. Netgear Genie Continues to Appear Even After the Extender Setup
The Netgear genie setup wizard might appear whenever you try to access any website on your browser. This occurs if the extender is improperly configured or when the extender disconnects from the main network. In order to fix the issue, do the following:
- Reboot your WiFi range extender and the main access point.
- Try to reconnect to the WiFi network.
- Launch an internet browser and re-run the setup wizard.
So, these were some of the major Netgear extender issues along with their relevant fixes. In case you are still experiencing any sort of issue with your extender, don’t hesitate to get connected with our experts anytime.