The dawn of the internet has unfurled the flag of digitization across the world. No task can be accomplished without using the internet. And, Netgear has played a prominent role in catering to the internet needs of people. From routers to extenders, Netgear has developed various wonderful networking devices. The best part is that now users need not worry about dropping internet connection. Netgear routers transmit the signals of the existing modems, whereas extenders amplify the signals coming from the home routers and let users enjoy internet in each and every part of their homes. So, you’ll never regret investing in a Netgear extender. Apart from amplifying the router’s WiFi signals, Netgear extenders have wonderful features that never fail to amaze users. The Netgear Smart Connect is one of them.
If you have also installed a Netgear wireless range extender in your home, then you should definitely consider enabling the Smart Connect feature. In this blog post, we will guide you thoroughly on how to enable Netgear Smart Connect. But, before that, let us shed light on what the Smart Connect feature is and how it can take your internet experience to the next level. So, read on.
What is Netgear Smart Connect?
The Smart Connect feature supported by Netgear helps in balancing the 5GHz WiFi connection into two different frequency bands. As a result, your Netgear extender chooses the best radio band and delivers its optimal WiFi performance.
But, let us tell you that this feature will be effective only if both the 5GHz radio bands have the same network name (SSID) and network key (password). Now, let’s move ahead and discuss the steps to enable Netgear Smart Connect on your WiFi extender.
Note: The Smart Connect feature is disabled by default. You need to access the mywifiext setup wizard in order to enable it on your wireless extender.
How to Enable Netgear Smart Connect on Extender?
Walk through the below-listed instructions to enable Netgear Smart Connect on your range extender:
- First of all, connect your Netgear wireless range extender to the working wall outlet and press the Power button.
- The moment the power LED on your range extender stabilizes, make a connection between your extender and the router. You can either opt for a wireless connection or a wired one.
- After connecting the Netgear extender and the router, turn on your computer.
Quick Tip: Consider disabling the antivirus software and firewall on your computer temporarily. They might obstruct you from enabling Netgear Smart Connect.
- Launch a web browser that you would like to use. But, remember that it shouldn’t be outdated or carrying cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Now, bring the cursor to the address bar and type the default web address of the Netgear extender into it.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear extender login page will appear where you are required to fill in the default login details of your WiFi device.
- So, type the default username and password of your Netgear wireless range extender into their respective fields. It should be noted that the default login details are case-sensitive. The uppercase and lowercase matters. Therefore, you need to enter them carefully.
- Once you are done filling in the required details, hit the Log In button.
- After Netgear Genie login, you will get redirected to the Basic Home screen.
- Head over to the Settings tab.
- Click the Wireless option.
- Now, look for the Smart Connect feature on the Wireless page.
- Found? Good. Select the Yes button to enable Netgear Smart Connect feature.
- Finally yet importantly, do not forget to click the Apply button.
The Netgear Smart Connect feature will be activated on your range extender. Now, you’re ready to access the uninterrupted internet connection on your WiFi-enabled devices.
The Netgear Smart Connect feature not only improves your internet experience but also helps you make pace with the digital world. Therefore, take the help of the aforementioned guide and enable Smart Connect. Let’s wind up with the hope that you will be able to do so. Hundred-to-one-shot if you come across any issues during the process of enabling the Smart Connect, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experts. They are standing on their toes to help you.