Want to update firmware on your Netgear Nighthawk mesh extender? Whether your device is not performing the way you fancy or you want to bring security improvements to your device, here’s how to update firmware on a Nighthawk mesh extender.
Update Firmware on Nighthawk Mesh Extender Using Web GUI
Providing firmware updates to an extender is of great assistance. It enhances the functionality of your device along with fixing various issues. Here is how you can update the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk mesh extender using its web GUI:
- Before you begin the process of updating your extender, make sure you have already completed mywifiext setup for your device.
- Start by plugging in your extender to a power socket and turning the power button on.
- Let the LED lights on your extender turn green.
- Now get access to your laptop (MAC or Windows) and open a web browser on it.
Note: Make sure the internet browser you have launched is not only up-to-date but is also free of browsing cache, cookies, and history.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address field and press the Enter key.
Note: If you are trying to update the firmware of your Nighthawk mesh extender using an iOS device, then consider using mywifiext local as the default web address.
- You will then find yourself on the login page of your mesh extender.
- Once there, fill in the default login username and password into the fields given and press Log In.
Quick Tip: If after completing the configuration of your extender, you have changed its login details to keep it protected from unwanted access then consider using the changed details for the successful login.
- Nighthawk mesh extender menu will reveal as soon as you complete the login process.
- Head towards the settings of your device and locate the Firmware Update option.
- Click Check Online to proceed further.
- If any new firmware version is available for the mesh extender you have, you will be notified about the same.
- Thereafter, follow the on-screen prompts and complete the Nighthawk mesh extender firmware update process.
This is how you can update your device’s firmware using the web GUI of your extender. FYI, you can also update the extender firmware manually. For this, here is what you need to do.
Update Netgear Nighthawk Mesh Firmware Using Manual Method
- Connect your extender to the existing router.
- Visit the official site of Netgear.
- In the search field, enter the model number or product name of your Nighthawk mesh extender.
- Click Downloads.
- If a new firmware version is available for your device, select it and click Download.
- Once done with downloading the file, log in to your extender using mywifiext local.
- The Status page of your device will reveal.
- Click the Firmware Update option > Browse.
- You will need to find and select the file downloaded by you from the Netgear site.
- Once done, click the Upload button and give your device some time to get updated with the latest firmware version.
Caution: While the firmware is updating on your Nighthawk mesh extender, make sure you don’t interrupt the process by going online, turning off your extender, shutting down your PC, or doing any other background activity on your system.
To Wrap Up
This is all about how to update firmware on a Netgear Nighthawk mesh extender using various methods. After updating your device, we hope your extender will work seamlessly. If you find yourself stuck at any step while updating the firmware of your extender, keep in mind that our technical experts are just a step away. All you need to do is contact our experts and ask them to help you update your mesh extender.