If you are struggling with the Netgear_ext not showing on network list issue, then you have landed on the right post. Here, you will find all the troubleshooting hacks needed in order to get rid of the issue at hand. Therefore, stick to reading.
Fixed: Netgear_Ext Not Showing on Network List
1) Reboot Your Netgear Extender
Before we recommend you to do anything else, consider rebooting your Netgear wireless range extender. If technical glitches are the reason why Netgear_ext is not showing on network list, then rebooting your device will help you get rid of them.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to restart your device:
- Disconnect your Netgear range extender from your home router.
- Power off your extender and unplug it from its electrical outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug your extender back into its electrical outlet and power it on.
- Reconnect your Netgear range extender to your home router.
Now, check whether you are still having a hard time with the Netgear_ext not showing on network list issue. If, unfortunately, yes, then, following the next troubleshooting hack might give you some advantage.
2) Pull Your WiFi Devices Closer
Chances are that the connection between your Netgear wireless range extender and your home router is not stable. And that might be because the distance between them is too much.
To troubleshoot the issue, consider unplugging your extender from the wall socket it is currently plugged into and plug it into the one located near your home router.
3) Avoid Signal Interference
Signal interference is another one of the many reasons why you are stuck with the Netgear_ext not showing on network list issue.
Therefore, make sure your Netgear wireless range extender is not placed anywhere near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
4) Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Performing Netgear extender firmware update is known to help out users in getting rid of various technical issues. Who knows it might work for you too? Worth giving a shot, isn’t it?
Follow the guidelines highlighted in order to update the firmware of your device:
- Access an internet browser on your WiFi-enabled device.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type www mywifiext net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the official login page of your Netgear extender.
- Input the default admin username and password and click the Log In button.
- Once logged in, go to Settings > Maintenance.
- Select the Firmware Update option.
In a few seconds, the firmware of your Netgear wireless range extender will get updated to its latest version.
5) Reset Your Netgear Extender
Are you still experiencing the Netgear_ext not showing on network list issue? Did all the efforts that you made till now have gone in vain? If you are nodding your head in yes, we recommend you reset your Netgear range extender.
Here are the steps that will help you in resetting your wireless device:
- Find the Reset button located on your Netgear wireless range extender.
- Grab a pointy object and use it to the press and hold the Reset button.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
Now, perform Netgear extender setup from scratch. If you are not sure about the process, why don’t you refer to the user manual?
You might come across the Netgear_ext not showing on network list due to a number of reasons. However, if you carefully follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, trust us, fixing the issue you are currently facing will become a piece of cake.
On the off chance, you aren’t able to achieve success, consider getting in touch with our technical experts.