Recently, if you have been encountering issues with your Netgear wireless range extender, then the simplest way to get rid of them is to reboot your device. Whether you are facing extender-related issues due to internal or external reasons, the process of rebooting will surely prove to be beneficial. So, walk through the guidelines highlighted in this guide and learn how to reboot Netgear extender in a matter of minutes.
Reboot Netgear Extender via Web Interface
This guide talks about two different methods through which rebooting your Netgear Nighthawk extender is possible. This is the first method. Here, you need to access the web user interface of your device.
To get a better understanding of what we are talking about, consider going through the step-by-step instructions given below:
- Gain access to your laptop or computer, whatever you prefer.
- Open a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Internet Explorer, etc on your device.
Note: Use only a browser that is running on its most recent version. Otherwise, you might become a victim of some major technical issues in the future.
- Move the mouse cursor to the URL field of the browser currently in use.
- Thereafter, enter the default web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- Hopefully, you will land on the Netgear extender login window with ease.
- There you will be asked to enter the admin details.
- Thus, enter the email address and password belonging to your Netgear extender.
- Click the Log In button.
- The Netgear Genie dashboard will appear on your screen.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Thereafter, select the Other Settings option.
- Look for the Restart button.
- Once you have found it, click it.
- Hit Yes for confirmation and wait for your device to finish restarting.
With the last step, the process of rebooting has ended. Many users consider skipping this process. They say that it is too hard for them. Is it hard for you too? If your answer is NO, well and good, but in case it is YES, you can opt for the other method.
Reboot Netgear Extender Without Web Interface
By going through the following guidelines, you will learn how to reboot Netgear extender without logging in to it:
- Switch off the wireless range extender.
- If your Netgear extender model uses a power cord to get connected to the wall socket, unplug it. In case, it does not, then directly unplug the extender.
- Wait for some time.
- Once you think that you have waited enough, it is time to reverse the second step.
- Now, press the power button on your extender to switch it on.
And you are done. Now that you have become aware of how to reboot Netgear extender, you should also learn that this process should be executed by you every now and then. Wondering why? Well, to get the answer to that question, keep reading.
Why Should You Reboot Netgear Extender Often?
Whether you have performed Netgear EX2700 setup in your home or installed any other extender, in general, it is a great idea to give it a restart every couple of days. As mentioned above, it helps you fix a number of technical issues. However, apart from that, it is a good security practice.
You might be thinking ‘Really? A good security practice? How is that even possible?’
Well, it is. Think about a hacker trying to compromise your network using a malware. This will not just enable him to steal your personal information but also block network traffic and render your Netgear extender inoperable.
In this case, if you reboot Netgear extender, you will disrupt the malware, at least temporarily, thereby protecting your extender’s network from being hacked.
With that, we are putting an end to our guide based on how to reboot Netgear extender using different methods. We hope that after going through it, you were not just able to learn about how to reboot your device but also its importance.
If you face any issues while trying to reboot Netgear extender, it is recommended that you consider getting in touch with our experienced experts. Trust us, whether you ping them during the day or at night, they always are willing to help out users struggling with Netgear extender-related issues. Thus, contact them without thinking twice about it.