The Netgear Nighthawk ex7000 Setup enhance your existing network range along with speed, by delivering you a dual-band WiFi up to the speed of 1900 Mbps. The Netgear Nighthawk ex7000 holds AC1900 bandwidth for excellent range with tremendous WiFi performance. Nighthawk ex7000 works with all standard WiFi routers and is quite ideal for HD video streaming and gaming live online.
Set Up the Netgear EX7000 Extender Hardware
To set up the Netgear EX7000 extender hardware:
- Attach the external antennas.
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk ex7000 extender. Keep your EX7000 extender close to your WiFi router.
- Plug the Netgear Wifi extender into an electrical outlet. Press the Power button if required.
Use Any Web Browser to Connect the Netgear EX7000 to Your WiFi
You can use any of your preferred web browsers to log in to the Netgear EX7000 Extender setup.
To use a web browser properly, make sure to connect the WiFi extender to your existing WiFi router:
- On a computer, open mywifiext.local. When you are connected to the Netgear extender mywifiext, the Device to Extender LED light turns solid green.
- Launch a web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) If you are login first into the extender, then Create Netgear extender mywifiext Account.
- Complete the fields showing on the screen and click the NEXT button.
- Tap the WiFi RANGE EXTENDER button. The extender scans the existing WiFi signals and searches for the WiFi networks in your area and it will appear in a list.
- Choose your WiFi network from mywifiext.local list and tap on the Next button. Somehow if your existing WiFi network is not visible or hidden, choose the manually wireless SSID and type your WiFi network name.
- Enter the password key to connect to your WiFi network and tap the NEXT button.
- Complete the fields to name your extended networks and click the NEXT button.
The EX7000 Netgear Nighthawk extender applies your settings. This means that the WiFi network SSID and passwords change the ones you have entered. To make it change, the Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 must be disconnected from all the computers or other WiFi-enabled devices like laptops.
Log In to the Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 Extender After Installation
You can log in to Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 extender to view or change the settings.
- Use a mywifiext.local network manager on your computer or laptop to get connected to the new extended Netgear extender mywifiext network.
- Launch a web browser. Though you can choose from various options, the one you select must not carry browsing junk.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net in the web browser address bar. A login screen will pop up.
- Fill your email address and password. Once done, click the login button.
Note: Make sure that you are using the latest Netgear Nighthawk R7000 firmware version, if not try to update your Netgear firmware before proceeding towards the Netgear installation procedure.
Recover Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 Forgotten User Name or Password
To cover your password:
- On a computer or laptop that is connected to the extended network, launch a web browser as per your preference or choice. However, the browser you choose must be updated to the latest software version.
- In the address bar of your web browser, enter www.mywifiext.net.
- Tap on the Username & Password. A screen displays requesting the answers to your security questions. So, fill the details to proceed further.
- Follow the Instructions as per displayed on the screen.
- Once done, Congrats, you have successfully recovered your password.
If you find any difficulty while configuring the Netgear Nighthawk Extender, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.